1. We collect information in a few different ways:
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Wants, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Wish Wrapped on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. If you buy something on Wish Wrapped, you may provide us with payment information, contact information, shipping details and what you purchased.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services such as your Facebook or Twitter account to Wish Wrapped, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts including your friends or contacts. The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
2. Technical information when you use our products
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. Types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use Wish Wrapped, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Wish Wrapped features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Wish Wrapped, and cookie data.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the type of device you’re using, operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please view the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Partners and advertisers
Our partners may share with us the information they collect such as log information from sites or apps that use our "Want" button.
Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
4. Use of collected information
We use the information we collect to develop new products and protect Wish Wrapped and our users. If you make a purchase on Wish Wrapped, we’ll save your payment and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on Wish Wrapped. We also use the information to offer customized content including suggested Wants, wishlists you may like or product ads that may be of interest.
We also use the information to send updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you including notifications and updates.
Help your friends and contacts find you on Wish Wrapped. If you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Wish Wrapped when they first sign up for Wish Wrapped. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Wish Wrapped using your email address.
The information we collect may be used to specifically identify you as a unique person and we may use or store information wherever Wish Wrapped does business, including countries outside your own.
5. What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. You can access and change information in your profile page at any time.
- Link or unlink your Wish Wrapped account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Wish Wrapped to that service.
- Create or be added to a private wishlist. Private wishlists are visible to you and other participants in the list, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the wishlist available to anyone else. For more information about private wishlists, please visit our Help Center.
- Choose whether your purchases on Wish Wrapped will be used to customize recommendations and ads for you. You can view and manage your purchase history by going to “History” in the sidebar.
- Delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your wants and lists from Wish Wrapped. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Wish Wrapped. For example: The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage; Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
6. How and when do we share information?
Wish Wrapped is a tool people use to find gift ideas and claim gifts for others. When you create public lists and Wants, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Wish Wrapped account to those services or publish your activity on Wish Wrapped to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Wants to Facebook or Twitter.
- When you buy something on Wish Wrapped using your credit card, we share your credit card information, contact information, and other information about the transaction with the merchant you’re buying from. The merchants treat this information just as if you had made a purchase from their website directly, which means their privacy policies and marketing policies apply to the information we share with them.
- If you buy something on Wish Wrapped using Apple Pay, your credit card number is not shared with the merchant, but contact and transaction information is still shared.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Wish Wrapped.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Wish Wrapped; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Wish Wrapped how many people repinned something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Pin after viewing it.
7. Out policy on children's information
Wish Wrapped is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please Contact Us.
8. How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Wish Wrapped after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.